UI/UX Engineer Jobs
- Bedrijf: BioStrand
- Domein: Andere High-tech
- Centrum-Zuid 1111
- 3500 Houthalen-Helchteren
- Kempische Steenweg 311/1.02
- 3500 Hasselt
- Evence Coppéelaan 91
- 3600 Genk
- Vilgertenweg z/n
- 3640 Kinrooi
- Tervantstraat 2 b
- 3583 Paal
- Thor Park 8300
- 3600 Genk
- Agoralaan Abis
- 3590 Abis
- Ervaring: 3-5 jaar
- Job op afstand? Nee, deze job kan niet op afstand uitgevoerd worden.
We are BioStrand, a start-up company ready to disrupt omics analysis. We have developed a completely new methodology for analysing omics data. We offer bio-informatics tools and provide in house target discovery and lead identification for the development of drugs, gene therapy, biomarkers etc.
At BioStrand, our mission is to make omics data analysis available for everyone and reduce complexity. Our user interfaces need to mirror these aspirations. They must be powerful, intuitive and very easy to use. This means we need to make complex data analysis look easy. So, the design and implementation of the frontend web application is a very important part of the development process of our applications.
As the Lead UI Platform Engineer you are responsible for the further development of our SaaS platform. You will work in close collaboration with the data engineering and data science team to integrate the complex data analysis algorithms into the UI. You will have to make decisions concerning architecture, design and user experience keeping in mind that performance, scalability, security and quality are very important. You will be the go-to-person for anything UI related and so you will be hands-on programming to improve and extend the current UI using the React framework. You will also be working on the design and implementation of the backend APIs.
Together with the CTO you will make up a roadmap with a set of deliverables. You will be responsible for planning and delivering the different stages of the platform in time. You will report on your progress directly to the CTO and CEO.
Join us and put your stamp on the design and visuals of our technology! Together, we will build the genomic analysis tools of the future!
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or equivalent studies
- You have demonstrable experience in building complex custom user interfaces
- You are trained in or you have experience with supporting cloud-based / SaaS software and you are familiar with AWS (Cloudfront, Cognito, ECS, Fargate)
- You have insight in application lifecycle management, continuous integration and necessary tools (Jira, Git, GKE etc.)
- Knowledge of Go-Lang for the implementation of the backend APIs is a plus
- You are open to learn a thing or two about bioinformatics
- You feel comfortable with searching for creative solutions for complex problems
- You are a strategic thinker, and you have a willingness to be bold and take risks
- You are efficient and well organised and deliver high quality results on time
- You have strong communication skills, both written and oral in English
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You are an excellent team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a full-time job. We are based at BioVille, Diepenbeek, in the neighbourhood of Hasselt University.
You will be part of the dynamic core team of an amazing start-up company with huge ambitions. This means there is a lot of space for personal initiative and opportunities for growth. You will have an important role in disrupting omics analysis and change the standards.
We offer you an opportunity to stand out and use all your creativity. Through a competitive remuneration package and flexible wage allocation we make sure your effort is valued.