- Bedrijf: BioStrand
- Domein: Andere High-tech
- Centrum-Zuid 1111
- 3500 Houthalen-Helchteren
- Kempische Steenweg 311/1.02
- 3500 Hasselt
- Evence Coppéelaan 91
- 3600 Genk
- Vilgertenweg z/n
- 3640 Kinrooi
- Tervantstraat 2 b
- 3583 Paal
- Thor Park 8300
- 3600 Genk
- Agoralaan Abis
- 3590 Abis
- Ervaring: 1-3 jaar
- Job op afstand? Nee, deze job kan niet op afstand uitgevoerd worden.
We are BioStrand, a start-up company ready to disrupt omics analysis. We have developed a completely new methodology for analyzing omics data. We offer bio-informatics tools and provide in house target discovery and lead identification for the development of drugs, gene therapy, biomarkers etc.
Here, at BioStrand, we are passionate about building future-proof bio-informatics tools. We are about to launch our first application ‘Retrieve and Relate’.
We are now looking for a creative, daring and entrepreneurial mind to strengthen our core team and help setup our clients so that they can start unraveling the mysteries hidden deep in their omics data. We need you as the go-to-person to make sure that all the technicalities related to connecting clients to our applications are solved smoothly. Your deep knowledge of bioinformatics makes sure that you have a natural understanding of these processes and can communicate at the right level with our clients’ research departments. To be clear, your job is not consultancy- or sales-oriented. You will, for example, be responsible for implementing custom pipelines to ingest our clients’ data. At the same time, you will play a role in the development of our next-generation bioinformatics tools. You contribute to shaping and designing them according to our clients’ interests and needs. Because our tools do not build on the traditional bioinformatics algorithms, outside-the-box thinking is your natural attitude. You are always looking to further improve the efficiency of our processes. You will work in close collaboration with core team members.
Together with the CTO you will make up a roadmap with a set of deliverables. You will report on your progress directly to the CTO and CEO.
Join us and bring the innovative and disruptive BioStrand technology to the next level together with our dynamic team!
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or equivalent studies
- You have an outgoing personality and you can communicate and interact effectively with customers
- You have experience in a customer-facing role
- You have experience with managing omics data and databases
- You have experience with building and applying bioinformatics pipelines for alignment, assembly and variation analysis
- Having knowledge on analysis of single cell RNA data is a plus
- You are trained in programming languages (Bio)Python and Go-Lang
- You are familiar with the fundamentals of computer science and have a good intuition in regard to algorithmic complexity
- You have an interest in cloud computing
- You have a ‘getting-things-done’ attitude and deliver high quality results on time
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English. Proficiency in Dutch and French is a plus
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- You are an excellent team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a full-time job. We are based at BioVille, Diepenbeek, in the neighbourhood of Hasselt University.
You will be part of the dynamic core team of an amazing start-up company with huge ambitions. This means there is a lot of space for personal initiative and opportunities for growth. You will have an important role in disrupting -omics analysis and change the standards.
We offer you an opportunity to stand out and use all your creativity. Through a competitive renumeration package and flexible wage allocation we make sure your effort is valued.