- Bedrijf: Umital
- Domein: IT
Locatie: :Corda Campus
- Centrum-Zuid 1111
- 3500 Houthalen-Helchteren
- Kempische Steenweg 311/1.02
- 3500 Hasselt
- Evence Coppéelaan 91
- 3600 Genk
- Vilgertenweg z/n
- 3640 Kinrooi
- Tervantstraat 2 b
- 3583 Paal
- Thor Park 8300
- 3600 Genk
- Agoralaan Abis
- 3590 Abis
- Ervaring: 5-10 jaar
- Job op afstand? Ja, deze job kan op afstand uitgevoerd worden.
Are you a Lead Developer at a startup or scaleup wanting to step up into your first CTO role
within another SaaS company? Maybe you are a CTO looking for another challenge within a
startup with huge plans? Read on...
Umital makes human-centric transformation management software for forward thinking
organisations. Our SAAS platform that allows companies to leverage day-by-day knowledge in
interpersonal networks and behaviour. It guides employees through business transformation, and
stimulates action on the right time. The insights allow employees to better contribute to the
company goals and personal development goals.
With an MVP well underway and some early funding now secured, we're looking for a Technical
Lead to join our team, and take the reins as we roll out a category-defining SaaS product that'll
support companies managing digital transformation.
This role will require the focus and commitment of a person that is energised by purpose-led
visions. Your passion for cutting edge technology will be equal to a proven ability to deliver.
As Umital’s CTO you will:
● Build our MVP.
We prefer a technical profile with experience in a start-up environment as this means you
can't be afraid getting your hands dirty as you will inevitably play backup for any roles
that can’t be filled immediately.
● Hire, onboard and train engineers and data scientists.
Finding and bringing on engineering talent and hiring for cultural fit will be a challenge we
● You will be the first team member to own security, run audits, document security
procedures and train the team on the basics.
● Even when the priority is to move fast and learn things, we know we need to take time to
test everything and release a bug-free product. Choosing and setting up a good
architecture will not slow down the team. Eventually architecture may be passed off to
an engineer, but this will fall to the CTO for a while at least.
● Without a mature quality assurance engineer in the first months, it heads to the CTO to
triage and distribute bugs to fix. You know both the business and the code well and will
be best positioned to do this.
● Data science and machine learning are hot topics, also for us. It will be your responsibility
to come up with a decent system for storing and accessing data securely and quickly.
We will make sure you are supported by external experts for this.
● We live in an API-driven world. Our SaaS product will connect to third party
software/services. It will be your responsibility to keep up with who has updated which
libraries, service plans and who’s got access rights. If there are changes, you’re on the
hook to figure out what needs to be done.
● You will be the technical brain of the company, that’s clear. Product management is
currently done by a non-technical brain. We’ll have to team up for this as well.
There is no set route to become a Chief Technology Officer at Umital. But to be successful in this
role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- You’re a tech person: You have a love for coding, front and back, and already have at least 8 years of experience, preferably in HR tech with a proven track record of developing complex platforms from scratch. You love the users perspective. You should be very confident that you are on the path to a successful career in SaaS – in fact, it should be obvious from the moment we meet you.
- You are a ‘people person’: You will be dealing with people at all levels in an organisation and will need to be able to relate to them. Your passion for people comes second only to your passion for developing and implementing new technologies from scratch. Your combi of tech & people skills allows you to take up more responsibility as our team grows.
- You’re pragmatic: You are target orientated and can work independently. You love working with a roadmap and releases because they’re proof of how well you’re doing. You do everything within you power to get the job done.
- You are a communicator: You can explain tech to non-techs. You know how to convey the company’s strategy in an inspiring way and translate it into opportunities for the customer. You value two-way communication and want to understand underlying business needs.
- You are a team player: We are still a small family and you will have to work with everybody to achieve our ambitions, including an external scrum/Agile development team to speed up the release calender in the beginning. Help out with everything that needs to be done - we're a start-up and there's always something that needs to be done. We need someone that is keen to get stuck in!
- You are an intrapreneur: You know how to reflect the company strategy into a technology roadmap and can bring fresh ideas to the table. You’re very driven and self motivated, with an intention to make a difference. You understand to need to release a minimum lovable product in time in order to gain traction.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; a background in startups and scaleups is a plus. The job of a CTO in a startup is way different than of a technical lead.
- Based in Belgium
What we give to you
● An awesome, dynamic team is waiting for you! You will never get bored! We move fast
as a “start-up” but have the professionalism of a billion euro company.
● We are part of the biggest startup ecosystem in Belgium. This means a great start-up
atmosphere and an exciting fast growing environment with lots of perspective and
opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
● The opportunity to carve your own signature into the growth story of Umital
● A company culture that likes to work and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense
coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
● Flexible working (fully remote during COVID-19 and hybrid options post COVID)
● Last but not least, participation as in company options scheme (i.e. equity)
So what makes Umital different to other startups? The short answer is how we treat you. We
celebrate the individual success of every employee, we’re just as interested in your development
as our own, and we’ll absolutely push you to your limits – but never too far. We know that our
company is only as good as the people who work here, so we only hire the best. Because that’s
what it takes to be a Umi.
If you’re confident that you can stand out in an energetic start-up environment. If you want to
contribute to empowering people and organizations to thrive. Then, feel free to submit your
application right away at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you would be a great fit for this role,
and show us some of your proudest work that you accomplished.